Thursday, July 26, 2012

Houston Fertility Center Review


Interestingly, Dr. Sonja Kristiansen found her way into an article in this Houston publication.  Typically, these types of publications will name almost any business into their top rated slots ~ for a price.  There are mags all over the city that will name anyone as one of the best in their field as long as they fork up the hefty advertising fee.  Our research and experience with Dr. Sonja Kristiansen's abilities in the fertility field of medicine definitely would not place her among Houston's top docs.   Beware, and do not fall for this newest ad campaign by Houston Fertility CENTER and Dr. Sonja Kristiansen.  Word of mouth is by far the truest and best form of advertising.  We had not had enough chances to meet other people going through infertility, therefore we relied on our limited resources while choosing a doctor to help us conceive.  It wasn't until after choosing to begin treatment with Sonja Kristiansen that I realized nobody even knew who she was.  I did begin to meet more and more people who had success with other doctors, but nobody had even heard of Sonja Kristiansen. 

She chooses not to disclose her success rates for good reason, while all along convincing new patients that the numbers really aren't a true picture of what success is in the world of fertility treatments.  She does remind her patients over and over that a young healthy couple will only have a 20% if not lower chance of conceiving on a good day!  When it comes to your fertility, please take our advice and go with the doctors in town who have great word of mouth referrals.  Sonja Kristiansen spends a lot of money on print ads and billboards throughout the city.  She has more websites than is necessary to run a business.  It is obvious she is desperate for business with her never ending limited time specials which I think are down to $8750 right now. While I was a patient (yes, I know by firsthand experience) of Houston Fertility Center and Dr. Sonja Kristiansen, I stayed the course and continued to have faith and hope that I had chosen a great doctor.   I should have switched to a new fertility doctor years before I finally did.  If I had, then maybe I would still have my left fallopian tube. Shop around and ask around before choosing your fertility doctor!  We highly advise against Dr. Sonja Kristiansen and Houston Fertility Center.  By the way, their lab technicians are terrible as well!  I was bruised on my arm every time I had to give blood with her staff!  I had 6 frozen embryos and only 2 survived the thaw, and none resulted in pregnancy.  If you have been following my blog, then you already know about the misdiagnosed ectopic pregnancy.  She and her lab need to get out of the fertility business and just focus on obstetrics.  She does not have a true gift, and she makes HUGE mistakes!

2 comments:

  1. Choosing a fertility treatment center is not an easy choice and is not a decision to be made lightly. Also, you have to manage your expectations as even the best fertility treatment center in the world cannot guarantee you of a pregnancy. The most that any of them can do is to improve your odds.

    Los Angeles Fertility Clinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contents has provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info.
    Colorado fertility clinic

    ReplyDelete